Castles and Fortifications of England and Wales

WEST COWES CASTLE


WEST COWES CASTLE
Photo ©Chris Johnson

A coastal fort built in 1539 by King Henry VIII across the water from Calshot Castle. It has been greatly modified and little of the original structure remains apart from the semi-circular gun platform.

Private, owned by the Royal Yacht Squadron.


 

Directions
At the entrance to Cowes harbour
Cowes, Isle of Wight, P031 7QT

 



VIEW LARGER MAP IN NEW WINDOW

 
© Castles and Fortifications of England and Wales