The castle was built in the 11th century, and was built up in 1270 with a stone curtain wall with six towers and a gatehouse. It had fallen into ruins by the 17th century and within 200 years almost none of the structure remained apart from the foundations. Open weekends April to October.
|Off the A38 near Selly Oak|
|Alwold Road, Weoley Castle, Birmingham B29 5RJ|