Castles and Fortifications of England and Wales

STORMY DOWN CASTLE


STORMY DOWN CASTLE
Photo ©Paul R. Davis

A circular mound, 100 feet in diameter and 10 feet high, which dates from around 1115. A village was also established at the same time, but now only traces of ruined buildings and enclosure banks are visble nearby. The site was given to Margam Abbey afor farming in 1175.


Aerial photo ©Paul R. Davis

 

Directions
Off the M4 J27, 4 miles west of Bridgend

 



VIEW LARGER MAP IN NEW WINDOW

 
© Castles and Fortifications of England and Wales