A fortified manor house was built after a licence to crenellate was granted in 1305. The three storey tower has stone slate roof and now has a 17th century manor house attached. The tower is currently used as a holiday let with 8 bedrooms.
|2 miles north west of A696 at Belsay and 13 miles north-west of Newcastle|
|Belsay, Northumberland NE20 0HD|