Built between 1538 and 1540 by Henry VIII, much of the front has since been demolished by the sea. Originally there was a central circular three storey keep surrounded by two walls. In 1806 the keep was lowered and a gun battery added to the roof, making it similar in appearance to the other martello towers, and forming part of the chain between Dymchurch and Folkestone.
|On the seafront at Sandgate, the western suburb of Folkestone|
|Castle Rd, Sandgate CT20 3AG|