Initally a wooden motte & bailey built in 1100, it was then rebuilt with stone walls at the end of the 12th century. It has a large shell keep with the remains of buildings inside. It was in a state of ruin by the 16th century, but it was used for the last time during the Civil War.
English Heritage, open summer season.
|Just north of the A390 near Lostwithiel|
|estormel Rd, Lostwithiel, Cornwall PL22 0EE|