A 30 foot high gun tower guarding the southern approach to Plymouth harbour was built in 1652 across the water from Plymouth Fort (now the Citadel). It was designed to accomodate 10 guns on its roof. It was in use during the Second World War with two Quick Firing guns.
A Scheduled Ancient Monument, it is occasionally opened by Plymouth Council
|Across the water from the Citadel, on the western edge of Plymstock.|
|Lawrence Road, Plymouth PL9 9RG|