This was originally a hunting lodge built in 1608. The castle was gutted by fire in 1929 and was left as a roofless ruin until the 1970s when restoration work began with the help of the English Heritage. The restoration, finished in 1998, includes a new roof and restored surviving walls in the interior, but no new internal walls or replacements for the destroyed upper floors have been constructed.
Open Sundays to Fridays.
|3 miles north east of Lulworth Cove, off the B3070.|
|East Lulworth, Dorset BH20 5QS|