Also known as Ballachurry Fort. It is a star-shaped earthwork, erected in 1640 by the 7th Earl of Derby and Lord of Mann as part of the Isle of Man's civil war defenses. It consists of thick walls of earth with a bastion in each of the four corners and is 300 feet across. The fort, which was never completed, would have been a stronghold for the north of the island.
|In fields, off the A17 between Kirk Michael and Ramsey|