It was built in 1642 at the start of the Civil War and was captured in 1646. It consists of 4 three storey towers with walls 4 foot thick. By the 1850's it was used as a farm and was allowed to decay but it was restored in the early 20th century. It burnt down in 1986 but it has now been rebuilt.
Private. The gardens are open a few times a year.
|3 miles south west of Saltash|
|Elm Gate, Saltash, Cornwall PL12 4QZ|