HAGGERSTON CASTLE

A single tall tower remains from a fortified manor house dating from 1345. By the 18th century it has been extended into a large residence but it was abandoned in 1930 and now only a tall tower remains. Its date of construction is unknown.


Photos Andrew Tivenan

 

Directions
A1, to the west of Holy Island

 


View Larger Map