Castles and Fortifications of England and Wales

FORT HOMMET (GUERNSEY)


FORT HOMMET
Photo ©Charles Taylor

There was a fortification with one gun on this site in 1680. The Martello tower was constructed in 1804 and armed with 24-pounder guns. In 1852, 68-pounder and 8" guns replaced some of the 24-pounder guns in the batteries. When the German forces occupied the Channel Islands during World War 2, four casemates were added to house 10.5cm guns.


Photo Charles Taylor Photo Charles Taylor Photo Charles Taylor Photo Charles Taylor
Photo Charles Taylor Photo Charles Taylor Photo Charles Taylor Photo Charles Taylor
Photo Charles Taylor Photo Charles Taylor Photo Charles Taylor Photo Charles Taylor

 

Directions
Albecq, Guernsey

 



VIEW LARGER MAP IN NEW WINDOW

 
© Castles and Fortifications of England and Wales