Castles and Fortifications of England and Wales

FORT DOYLE (GUERNSEY)


FORT DOYLE
Photo ©Charles Taylor

The fort was completed in 1805 and was armed with three 18pdr cannon. It was remodelled in the 1860's with 2 cannon on wooden traversing platforms. By the start of the 20th century it was redundant and was used as a lighthouse. In World War 2 a German anti-aircraft gun was installed.


Photo Charles Taylor Photo Charles Taylor Photo Charles Taylor Photo Charles Taylor Photo Charles Taylor

 

Directions
La Fontenelle

 



VIEW LARGER MAP IN NEW WINDOW

 
© Castles and Fortifications of England and Wales