Earthworks of a 12th century motte and bailey castle on a hill overlooking the River Batham. The motte stands 30 foot high and about 80 foot across. A Licence to Crenellate was granted in 1336 but nothing of the fortified house remains. By 1800 there was still stone visible, but it has since been removed for house building.
|Off the B3190, 7 miles north of Tiverton|