A mid-13th century stone five sided castle with a square tower and four round towers. It was abandoned after only a few years as it was superceded when Caerphilly Castle was built in 1267. It is now ruined with only the lowest levels of the walls still standing.
|By the A469, 1 mile south of Caerphilly|
|Lisvane, Cardiff CF83 1NB|