HEN DOMEN

Some remains of the 1071 structure remain including the 8 metre high, 40 metre wide motte and the bailey earthworks. In 1215 the area came under Welsh control and the castle fell into decay. In 1223 its masonry was used to build nearby Montgomery Castle.

Private.


Photos Andrew Tivenan
Directions
Off the B4385, 2 miles north west of Montgomery