Castles and Fortifications of England and Wales

FORT PEZERIES (GUERNSEY)


FORT PEZERIES
Photo ©Charles Taylor

Since at least 1680 there has been some fortification on this site to protect the southern half of Rocquaine Bay, armed with two 3.5 inch cannon. The gun platform was extended in the 18th century and in the early 19th century the magazine was built and the parapet strengthened to take three 18 pounder cannon. By 1842 the fort had fallen into disrepair but the Germans built a machine gun position in World War 2. Restoration work has now partially repaired the site.


Photo Charles Taylor Photo Charles Taylor Photo Charles Taylor Photo Charles Taylor
Photo Charles Taylor Photo Charles Taylor Photo Charles Taylor Photo Charles Taylor

 

Directions
Pleinmont, Guernsey

 



VIEW LARGER MAP IN NEW WINDOW

 
© Castles and Fortifications of England and Wales